Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

07 August 2006

How to be in the Woods When You're in the City

Most of the time, I would rather be out in the woods instead of the city. One of my friends and I figured out how to pretend. She used to live in a houseboat under the freeway. The houseboat had a wood stove, and was pretty rustic.
This is how you can fool yourself- we would make a big fire in the stove, close all the curtains, and pretend the sound of the freeway was a river flowing by. We would have warm drinks and tell stories. Believe it or not, this worked.
Remembering this always brings me peace of mind.

A book about a resistence fighter in the Netherlands during WWII- also made into a movie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home