Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

13 January 2007

Trip To Skagit Valley

We went on a motor with the MINI Club today to Skagit County, which is where all the famous Washington State tulips are grown. It was beautiful! We actually had some snow, which made everything look a bit special. We had a particularly neet treat because the snow geese were out; people come from all around the world to see them (this is the only place where they gather.) Here are some pictures (of course including INAMINI.)


















6 Comments:

Blogger KJP said...

You washed the car! It really is white! To bad about all of the geese though, I know from research done in Italy that 9 out of 10 birds prefer to dive bomb white cars!

Hope your Mini was a little warmer than my 1961 was in winter time! Brrrrrr! Had to have an ice scraper to keep the inside windows clean!

15 January, 2007 21:33  
Blogger kara said...

Where do the snow geese go when it's no longer snowing?

17 January, 2007 13:47  
Blogger INAMINI said...

kjp- For some reason, my MINI was exempt from the dive-bombing. Iguess they had enough food to occupy their attention. INAMINI was very warm, thank you, although I once drove to Alaska in a 1967 VW bus in October, and the defrost was opening the windows while scraping them and wearing several jackets.

Kara- They actually head up north where this is snow,; not a very exciting answer, is it?

17 January, 2007 19:25  
Blogger KJP said...

I used to own the very last split window Westphalia camper - 1967 pop-top. I loved that puppy! So, I know what you mean about the defrost! I installed the gas defroster off of a type 3, so it was toasty warm after that! Of course, there went the gas milage as well.

(I also owned the first pop-top, a 1964 Westphalia - sold them both to the same collector a few years ago. The '64 was built on a 1 ton chassis so not quite as pocket book friendly on the road...)

18 January, 2007 11:42  
Blogger kara said...

Well, I can't fault you for telling me the truth. The mundane, banal truth. Sigh.

23 January, 2007 08:23  
Blogger KJP said...

Hey INAMINI! You still around?

23 January, 2007 13:15  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home