Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

26 August 2006

Non-Marketable Skills


I have skills that don't really help me get jobs. Lots of useless skills:

  • Being able to say the alphabet backwards (I'm an insomniac)
  • Spell words backwards (again, insomnia)
  • I speak Dutch
  • I remember all the license plate numbers on all the old family cars
  • I have a bionic nose (according to B)
  • I tat (make lace)
  • I can motor fast around corners
  • My head contains lots of useless music trivia
  • I have a collection of weird facts about cats
  • I can race sailboats, but I don't care if we win
  • I can make left-handed bowlines and coil lines in a figure-eight pattern (due to left-handedness)
  • I know way too much about Migraine medicines
  • I can cook obscure Dutch foods
  • I can rebuild a Zenith-Stromberg Dual Carburetor

The list can go much further.

Does anyone know of any jobs for these particular skills? I would appreciate any feed-back or any criticism!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Having a bionic nose can be good AND bad! LOL

Racing sailboats...how cool!

Sounds like you know trivia about many things. Maybe you can put this knowledge to good use on Jeopardy. :-)

Very interesting blog, Inamini. I look forward to reading more.

27 August, 2006 12:04  
Blogger Mark Irish said...

Thanks very much for the kind comment. Your blog looks great!I like your pictures!

Best of luck and I'll try and keep you smiling.

Mark

27 August, 2006 12:59  
Blogger kara said...

OhMiGosh...you speak Dutch? That's almost as bad as me...I speak Danish! Useless languages of the world...unite! Could you imagine trying to get a job at the UN as a translator? They'd laugh in our faces..."uh, everyone in those countries already speaks english...duh". Yes, I do believe the recruiter for the UN says "duh" on occasion.

Thanks for the wonderful compliment...and I love how your blog reminds me that living in the NW can be a beautiful thing...I forget that A LOT!

27 August, 2006 14:01  
Blogger INAMINI said...

Lizza, thanks for the Jeopardy tip-it's too bad I hate being in front of any kind of camera!

Mr. Irish- I'm still laughing, and darn it, I may even be thinking!

Kara, I'm glad to know someone else belong to the smallest countries with useless native tongues. At least their social systems are to die for!

28 August, 2006 10:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just happened to stumbled upon your nice blog for the first time.

For me, the hungry monster, that line with "...obscure Dutch foods" sounds really interesting ;-)

29 August, 2006 10:58  
Blogger INAMINI said...

mrs lifecruiser, does that include boerenkool, speculaas, appeltart, poffertjes and hollandse pannekoeken? :)
Luckily, B has gotten used to all my weird dishes, but he still can't quite stomach chocolate hagel)on bread! I don't know why-that's one of my favorites.
I enjoyed reading your blog also.

29 August, 2006 12:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home