Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

30 August 2006

One Drunken New Year's Eve


A few years ago, B and I invited some friends over for New Year's Eve. Since our house welcomes animals, their two dogs came over also, joining our cats for the big celebration.
As a new touch, my friend L and I decided to make Advocaat, which is a Dutch version of spiked egg nog. It's made with brandy and aromatic spirits. I had a new recipe to try- one more attempt in a long row of bad results. The recipe reqired about a dozen eggs, so we made a real mess. Finally, the stuff was done.
It was awful. The recipe was another dud to add to my collection. We couldn't drink it. It almost made me weep, it was so gross. It sat on the table, all by itself. We went upstairs to watch the fireworks from the window.
When we came back downstairs, all the glasses were empty. We looked at each animal closely. Sprankeltje was the one that looked drunk, and... she will eat almost anything. We watched her walk around like she had a stick up her butt.
After a while, my friends were preparing to leave. One of the dogs, Woody, a rescued Doberman, tried to stand up on his spindly legs. He couldn't. It was then we realized that it was Woody was the alky. It was really funny to watch poor Woody. He had cleaned out 4 glasses of the Advocaat. I was amazed that he didn't throw up. He had to be carried to the car.
Luckily, we were able to get drunk anyway. We had champagne and wine, so Woody wasn't the only who got to party down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Now that was funny. A drunk dog and a tipsy cat? LOL! It would've been great if you'd caught it on video.

30 August, 2006 22:20  
Blogger INAMINI said...

Lizza- I was (and still am) hi-tech challenged. I don't have a video camera, and I don't even have cable TV. All the Oscar moments I have missed!

31 August, 2006 11:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home