Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

27 September 2006

Don't You Hope You'll End Up Like This


B and I have been married for almost 17 years. Since I never expected to make it to 30 years old (which, much to my chagrin, I did, and then some), let alone get married, I never developed a mental picture for my future. I know we will never have kids (by choice), so no one to take care of us when we get old(er.) (My, it's a parenthetical kind of day.) Sometimes, I see elderly couples walking and holding hands. They may even be smiling. I like it best when they are walking an elderly dog.
I would like B and I to be that kind of couple. Still speaking, wanting each other's company, and walking our cats. It's probably time to start training them.

Maybe we'll still be sleeping in the same bed, and enjoy our memory lapses. I'm hoping my migraines will have stopped by then (they say menopause may end them- something else to look forward to.) I'll probably still have the MINI Cooper, and I will have taken the Defensive Driving courses to give us a discount on our car insurance. Rest assured that I will still be Bending the Rules, and Ruling the Bends.

Since I don't like (and don't allow) having my picture taken, no one will know I'm getting old. I can use a picture of a good-looking couple and say it's B and I, and no one will be the wiser. I'm not sure what my natural hair color is now, so I can do anything purple and just focus on covering the gray.

I will probably be surrounded by books in Large Print, and lots of magnifying glasses. I'll buy 20 pairs of reading glasses for $20 at Costco, and put them everywhere so I don't have to remember where they are. I'll still be using my current laptop, which will be dated like the old 1926 Royal Typewriter I saved from a dumpster (yes, I'm also a lowly dumpster-diver) at the University of Washington. Oh my, I just realized that I have vintage raingear from REI, and a vintage Kelty frame backpack, and Oh My, LEATHER Vasque hiking boots. Maybe I'll grow old having some vintage value. Maybe you'll want to know me when I grow old...

All of this, of course, depends on if I actually get old.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Sounds like a sweet plan. You forgot to mention retiring to your dream island. :-)

27 September, 2006 13:30  
Blogger msquared said...

Just want to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog! It is really appreciated to know that there are people out there enjoyin gwhat I do!

mike
The Ordinary Adventures of Tomas

27 September, 2006 13:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lizza- this post was strictly about the aging process, as opposed to actual retirement. But, be assured that that isalnd is still floating around! :)

msquared- thnaks for stopping by!

27 September, 2006 14:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Inamini,
Great picture! I really enjoy reading your blog. Glad you started up again.

28 September, 2006 00:07  
Blogger INAMINI said...

nuggy's mum- thanks for visiting!

28 September, 2006 14:23  
Blogger kara said...

Damnit it. I pride myself on my indescriminatory hatred of old people, and there you go making them seem all human.

29 September, 2006 15:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kara- These are actually my great-grandparents on their anniversary, showing off their garden. It makes the bar much higher for me, since I'm not exactly human.

29 September, 2006 17:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home