Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

08 September 2006

Additional Non-Marketable Skills


Since I was nowhere near listing all my lack of skills, here are some more.


  • I know the botanical names of native plants.
  • I can clip cats' nails.
  • I can give myself shots, and I can give myself IV meds.
  • I can hand-write.
  • I can give a cat a bath.
  • I know one good winery (let me know if you want the name)
  • I can spot a Dutch accent from hundreds of feet away.
  • I can eat with a fork and a knife.
  • I can tell the difference between Dutch and German (no, they are not the same!)
  • I know the Dewey Decimal System.
  • I can start a camp-fire.
  • I can make hot chocolate from scratch.
  • I can write a blog, at least I think I can.

10 Comments:

Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I just sat here and read your blog all the way back to August 13th. I just kept scrolling down, picture after picture, post after post. I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the pictues of "home." I was born and raised in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; and have lived in Spokane, Yakima and Vancouver, WA; Portland and Gresham, Oregon, as well as Montana, California and -- currently Nevada. It was great to see pictures of green. Here we have concrete.

I came by to thank you for your lovely post on my blog. Come visit again. I know I'll be back here!

08 September, 2006 19:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilldancer- thanks for visiting, and thanks for reading so much! It sounds like you've been all over the Northwest. Motoring never gets boring here!

08 September, 2006 19:59  
Blogger Lizza said...

Now you're kidding me. Some of the things on your list are actually marketable. Think of what people would pay if you put up a business giving cats a bath while reciting with a Dutch accent the botanical names of native plants!

Maybe not.

But you do write a blog, and a damned good one at that!

Have a great weekend, inamini.

08 September, 2006 22:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you'd make a great Veterinarian or Vet Assistant. Not just at a clinic it seems, but also at the Ranch (especially a Dutch one).

I agree with Lizza, its a great blog & I love visiting.

Have a great weekend! May you have more adventures (and photos to show for it).

08 September, 2006 23:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizza- I looked in the want ads, and there are no current positions opens- imagine that! I guess I'll stick to blogging, which is unfortunately not very lucrative!

corky- thanks for your comments. I don't think I could work at a vet's because I can't handle pets dying or people mistreating them. What a wuss!

09 September, 2006 13:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Should I be happy for you or sad for me that you have so many more non-marketable skills than I do ;-)

Very nice blog and GREAT photos by the way.

09 September, 2006 13:22  
Blogger INAMINI said...

Michael C- thanks for stopping by. For the record, I have many more non-marketable skills where those came from! They will be exposed in time.

09 September, 2006 16:10  
Blogger kara said...

I know the difference between German and Dutch too!...you take a person speaking german...tell them to shut it...pour whole milk down their throat...tell them to gargle it...and then have them go back to speaking german again...voila! dutch!

I kid. I know they're two whole different countries. I need sleep.

11 September, 2006 15:59  
Blogger Angela said...

Yes, *I* want the name of the winery! :)

11 September, 2006 16:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela- the name of the winery is Pasek Cellars-
I don't know much about wine, but most of their wines are fruit wines. They have a wonderful cranberry wine, and also guava and passionfruit wines. My favorite is the Late Harvest Viognier (I still can't pronounce it!) Their phone number is 888.350.9463. Enjoy!

11 September, 2006 17:25  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home