Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

06 September 2006

Stonehenge- The Copy




Here is another attempt at posting some pics of Stonehenge- the one in Washington State.
It looks like we have a lift-off! Yay!
The Journey- Continued...
After the stop at Stonehenge, we drove north to Yakima, and then through the Yakima Canyon, which has always been one of my favorite roads, and has turned out to be a great MINI-road. It was another sunny day, and we killed many a bug. All in all, a 750-mile trip.

Okay- here's a quick thought- I just read in the news that taller people are more intelligent than shorter people, based on a study from the U.K. This poses an issue for me since I am a big 5'2" tall. Okay, here's another thought. My parents aren't very tall because they grew up during the war and had very little food and no medical care. Of the kids in my family (4 of us,) none of us are tall (I am the shortest.) After the war, a new government was put into place, with emphasis on social issues. Everyone has free medical care and education, along with other benefits. Since all this has been in place, the Dutch population has become taller, and is now the tallest society in the world. When B and I were there, we were dwarfed. The women on average are 6 feet tall, and they pretty much looked like models.
Anyway, back to the original thought. I am going to go on believing that I'm okay even though I'm short. I wonder if I would have been smarter if I had grown up in Holland, notwithstanding the fact that their education system is leagues ahead of the U.S. Notwithstanding that the social system here sucks.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lizza said...

Taller people are smarter than shorter people? So not true. I'm 5'8" and I'm dumber than a dodo.

Anyhow, great pics! Looks like you had Stonehenge America all to yourself. But that sure was one long drive you guys made!

06 September, 2006 23:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for posting pictures of Stonehendge USA. Very interesting place (have they figured out what its for?).

Being short isn't a bad thing. I like smaller-sized ladies. Too big & you get dwarfed. Pun intended. :D

A statistic I'd read long long ago said that the average Filipino male stands at 5'6" and females at 5'2"... so no problems visiting us.

Lizza is a bit taller than most. Heck, I stand taller than most males here and I'm only 1 inch taller than her!

About it being relevant to intelligence... well, some of dumbest folk I know literally tower over me (not that I'm an Einstein).

My wife, a brilliant lady with a PhD from Manchester & a MA from Cambridge stands claims to be 5'1" (I have doubts she's even 5 feet tall - hehe). Then again, she married me... oh well.

Have a nice day!

PS - great-looking car!

07 September, 2006 01:07  
Blogger kara said...

I'm 5'2" too...and I'm fucking brilliant. And look at, say, Yao Ming...sure the guy can play basketball...but how is he at quantum physics? These are the questions we need to be asking.

07 September, 2006 11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizza- You're certainly not dumb! Your blog reveals a very tall person!

corky- Thanks for the shortness- related-reassurances. Time to visit countries besides Holland!

Kara- Yes, you are fucking brilliant. The fact that you speak Danish proves it.

07 September, 2006 12:54  
Blogger Alessia said...

haha don't worry about not being tall. I'm only a couple inches taller than you and I've always been in the top three of my class, and one of the dumbest people I know is so tall that he has to bend down to go through a door. :p

08 September, 2006 05:35  
Blogger Foofa said...

I would say that I am a smart lady. My whole family is pretty smart. We are all short. All my smart friends are short. Maybe tall people know they are not as smart as the vertically challenged so they cheat on tests thus appearing to be smarter?

08 September, 2006 12:36  
Blogger INAMINI said...

natalie- yes, you are pretty smart. The tall people were looking at your tests!

08 September, 2006 14:05  
Blogger INAMINI said...

Alessia (what a pretty name!)- I can't worry too much about being short; as far as I know, nothing can change it!

08 September, 2006 16:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home