Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

16 October 2006

OMG


How time runs away! I've really missed my blog and blog family- I hope you haven't forgotten about me! In between actually doing a lot of things, I have had a pretty much continuous migraine and been sort of medicated.
I have been on several different trips (Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier, as well as my dad's). The cats are a bit upset, and even Bean has become a lap cat, which she never has been. As we speak, LOKi is draping himself and his formidable weight on my arm as I am trying to type. So much competition!


We went to Mt. Baker with a couple of our MINI friends. The weather was beautiful, and since they have a MINI convertible, they had the top down most of the way.It's a very curvy steep road to the top. It always amazes me how quiet it is in the mountains, even when there are a lot of people around. Once we were above the treeline, the fall colors came out- not in the trees, but in the bushes. I think the light up there does something to the brightness and contrast . We drove a bunch of backroads home, even finding the industrial district of a very samll town (B was navigating).


Mt. Rainier wasn't quite so successful. I think we had more rain yesterday than we have had all year. It was pouring. I was afraid the windshield might break. We had 45 MINIs, but I couldn't see them. I'm so glad we took the time to wash and wax the car. Fifteen dollars to get in the park, and then a windy river to Paradise, which is at the 6,000 foot level. I'm sure the mountain was somewhere up there. At some point I just couldn't stand the rain anymore, and we cut our losses at Paradise and did a solo descent, which was actually quite fun, minus the mini-vans and SUVs that were going way too slow.
Now I am getting ready for Halloween. I went to the pumpkin patch and picked out five beauties, along with some MINI (ha-ha) pumpkins. I found the boxes of decorations, but they haven't made it up the stairs yet.
Oh, but I have plans!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

Good to see you post again!
Cool trips -- don't you hate it when rain spoils a mini-vacation (pun intended!)
I've never been inside a mini -- are they spacious or are they for petite people only?

Hope to see pics of your Halloween decorations & pumpkins soon.
~mo

18 October, 2006 11:26  
Blogger INAMINI said...

Hi Morgen- MINIs are pretty roomy inside. We have a member in our club who is 6'7", and fits fine! Sort of surprising.

18 October, 2006 14:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home