Book Reviews, Cat Reviews and Life Reviews

Welcome to my blog! Check out this site for recommended books, stories about my cats, and stories from my life (real and sometimes imaginary.) Have fun! Unless noted, all photos have not been edited in any way. All content on this site is copyright INAMINI. All rights reserved.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington State, United States

18 October 2006

A Pumpkining We Will Go


We went to the pumpkin patch last week to hunt for pumpkins. The patch is near the river cabin, and we have been going there for about 18 years. The farmer has a trailer with straw on it, and everyone gets on the trailer and he tractors it to the pumpkin patch. Everyone runs and finds their pumpkins, and he comes back and picks us all up with the trailer.
I never get tired of this ritual. Most of the time we are the only ones there, so it's like our own private family pumpkin patch. There are sheep and horses there, and the kids get to pet them and feed them treats. Of course, the animals are my favorite (still not really a child person.) This year was sort of fun because right when we got there, a huge flock of crows suddenly swooped over us and cawed and gathered in the trees. Straight out of Alfred Hitchcock and Edgar Allen Poe (who was a big cat-lover, BTW.)
I probably won't carve the pumpkins until next week. No rotting squash on my porch! I finally dragged the decorations out of the garage, but I seem to be missing some. Probably due the move last year! Maybe I have to go buy a new bunch of them (sound of hands rubbing together gleefully.) I'm also being slowed down by the darn migraines. I'm exhausted form the poor sleep and the extreme pain. Got to get some artificial life.
Morgen- I will post pics- I've got plans!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger msquared said...

Inamini,
Tomas is still going to be on blogspot no need to change the link information.

18 October, 2006 17:39  
Blogger Lizza said...

Carving pumpkins sounds like fun. Anticipating the pics you'll post!

But boo to migraines. :-( I hope they subside, though. Get well!

19 October, 2006 00:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

msquared- thnaks for the info!

lizza- thanks!

19 October, 2006 13:07  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home